ANDRITZ Hydro business division key visual

ANDRITZ Hydro in Sweden, Nälden

Offering products and services for hydropower plants

ANDRITZ HYDRO Sverige is located in Nälden, Sweden. Overall, we are approximately 20 employees and are co-located with two partners, Waplans Mekaniska Verkstads AB and Attacus Stål & Smide AB.

© Vattenfall

News 03/2024

ANDRITZ secures contract to modernize Hölleforsen hydropower plant

Read more


ANDRITZ HYDRO Sweden is also the OEM for many of the former companies that have been involved in the development of hydropower turbines in Sweden and the rest of the world. This includes NOHAB, KMW, Finshyttan, Boving, Tampella, Undenäs, Waplans, and Kvaerner.  Among our assets is a unique archive with drawings and technical documentation from their global deliveries.

Providing service and supplying hydroelectric equipment for power generation make up 95% of ANDRITZ Hydro’s annual turnover, the remaining 5% are made from the industry. The main market of the company is Sweden, but we have very close cooperation with our colleagues in Finland and Norway. We also have customers and colleagues located around the globe.

Through cooperation with other ANDRITZ companies, we can deliver complete solutions for hydropower plants in all sizes, including new installations, upgrades, rehabilitations and service.

ANDRITZ Hydropower at a glimpse

ANDRITZ Hydropower is one of the world's leading suppliers of electromechanical equipment and services for hydropower stations in the dynamically growing global renewable energy market. Based on 180 years of experience and a global installed capacity of 470 gigawatts, we offer innovative solutions for new and existing hydropower stations, from small hydropower to large-scale plants. State-of-the-art digital solutions, comprehensive services for the operation and maintenance of entire hydropower plants, and turbo generators for the thermal industry complete the portfolio.

  • More than 180 years of turbine experience 
  • Over 31,900 turbines (more than 471,000 MW) installed
  • Complete range up to more than 800 MW
  • Over 125 years electrical equipment experience 
  • Leading in service and rehabilitation
  • More than 100 Compact hydro units per year 

Check out our HYDRO News App

  • ANDRITZ Hydro company presentation, en
    Company presentation PDF : 7.5 MB
  • Service and rehabilitation PDF : 5.3 MB
  • Synchronous condensors PDF : 3.2 MB

Andritz Hydro Sverige Filial | Nälden

Contact us
Andritz Hydro Sverige Filial
P.O. Box 1 , Vaplans Väg 29
SE-835 05 Nälden
Get in contact
  • ANDRITZ Hydro company presentation, en
    Company presentation PDF : 7.5 MB