Vacuum drum filter - VDrF
A rotary vacuum drum filter is one of the oldest filters applied in the chemical process industry. It consists of a drum which is divided into sectors, each forming a separate vacuum cell. The cake can be washed easily on drum filters.
Following the acquisition of KHD-Filtrationstechnik and continuous further development work with 760 vacuum drum filters supplied, ANDRITZ can also draw on extensive filtration know-how in this sector. Experience gathered in pressure and vacuum filtration over more than 30 years has been applied in practice in this latest generation.
Special features of the rotary vacuum drum filter
- Large number of cells on the drum circumference
- Large cross sections
- Replacement of filter cloth from cell to cell
- Filtrate piping optionally inside or outside the drum
- Selective washing of the filter cake
Design of the rotary vacuum drum filter
- Stub shaft screwed to drum face ends
- Cell partition strips, made of GRP, bolted to the drum in axial and radial directions and used for cell-to-cell securing of the filter cloth; no wire winding
- Swing-type agitator
- Cake discharge by
- scraper with snap-blow
- belt discharge