We have a strong focus to understand the needs of our customers and develop solutions to solve their problems. Our innovation vision is to be the technology leader in all our product groups.
Our innovation roadmap is based on the main trends:
- Lightweight material for automotive application (steel and aluminum)
- Digital Transformation - Industry 4.0 - IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)
- Sustainable production (energy saving, reduction of emission)
Our innovation activities are supported by 7 Research & Development test centers in Europe and USA.
Innovation is our defined path to grow organically
We concentrate on bringing pioneering, clean and future-oriented technologies to the market.
Our innovation management is based on the following five vectors:
- Innovation strategy to focus on attractive strategic arenas based on external analysis and our core competences
- Climate & culture: Organization and Leadership to foster true innovation
- Idea generation with a clear focus on customer needs
- Idea to launch system: innovation process with defined responsibilities
- Strong business cases and picking the winners based on a professional management of our innovation project portfolio
ANDRITZ Metals runs its own research facilities, pilot plants, e.g. acid regeneration plants for special oxides, and tech centers, where performance tests and analyses of different product characteristics are carried out and processes are developed further.
The ANDRITZ Metals' innovation pool
|Cold rolling of Advance High Strength Steel (AHSS)||S6-high cold rolling mill|
|Annealing of third generation AHSS||Continuous galvanizing line (CGL) with Direct Fired Furnce (DFF) or pre-oxidation chamber|
|Highest surface quality for automotive exposed panel||Counterflow snout|
|Reduce operating cost by combined processing line||Pickling and galvanizing line (PGL)|
|Save energy and reduce CO2 or increase capacity of acid regeneration plant (ARP)||ECOmode for HCl acid regeneration plants|
|Minimized fuel consumption and lowest NOx emissions||Ultra Low-NOx burners|
|Reduce heat losses in furnaces||Special refractory components|
|The goal||Our solution|
|Recycle waste acid and waste water in stainless steel pickling||Mixed acid regeneration plants (PYROMARS) and Zero Effluent Mixed Acid Pickling system (ZEMAP)|
|Fully automatic roll change, higher roll grinding range, cost reduction and faster roll gap opening||Sundwig MonoBlock|